Flood damage can be exceptionally devastating. If instant actions are not taken after the flooding situation, things will only get worse. Water remediation including flood damage restoration should be done at your earliest convenience. Under these circumstances, you may need professional help with water damage restoration. Without the assistance of a professional that can help you with flood damage quickly, things can get really hard for you. When you call a company with experience, skills, and knowledge in handling the water remediation process, you will experience a great amount of relief. With the best equipment, we can facilitate a seamless water damage restoration process.
There are three major aspects in the flood cleanup process:
- Drying Process: Before anything else, your flood damage company will start the drying process by removing water and moisture. Unrecoverable items will also be removed as well as any damaged flooring, drywall, baseboard, etc.
- Handling Personal Property: During this next phase of the water damage restoration process, personal belongings like clothing and furniture will be taken out for the restoration process. As a crucial step, all of these items will be included in an inventory for the reference.
- Structural Repair: In the final phase of the flood damage restoration process, repairs will start. This phase consists of restoring building elements, insulation, replacements of baseboards, drywall, flooring, painting, etc. This is essentially a total renovation process for the house.
Before you make a final decision on a flood restoration company, here are a few tips:
- Get a written contract from the vendor and read through it before signing.
- Have a good understanding about the fee structure
- Be sure about the cost of the drying process. Check with your insurance carrier to see if you can claim the costs; otherwise, it will fall on you to pay for.
- Ask for copies of the documents like Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS). They are important because the water damage restoration company will be using various chemicals and antimicrobial agents on the premises.
- Read reviews for the company
- Take pictures before the process begins